Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire and Enamel Diadem, 19th Century.

I happened across this diadem when I was searching for something else and I'm very glad I did.

Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire and Enamel Diadem, 19th Century, tiara, crown, Indian, India, Qajar, cabochon, gemstone,


The technical term for this is "amazeballs."

The Sotheby's listing explains that this 19th century piece displays a combination of two styles. The diadem itself (the band) is decorated with table-cut white sapphires and applied with various colors of enamel tha depict a floral motif of Indian origin, while the center section is an example of Qajar style. The central element is applied with enamel flowers and set with foil-backed cabochon emeralds, cabochon rubies and rose-cut and table-cut diamonds.

Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire and Enamel Diadem, 19th Century, tiara, crown, Indian, India, Qajar, cabochon, gemstone,


The description also says that the back of this central element depicts dancing girls but, tragically, does not provide a picture.

This beauty was listed for sale in a Sotheby's auction. All images and info are thanks to Sotheby's. 

Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:

Labels: , , , , , , ,