Happy Wednesday!! How about something antique and lovely with a bow?

Sigh. Perfection. This lovely sautoir dates to 1905, so I'd call it late Edwardian or early Art Deco. It dangles two lustrous silvery gray drop pearls attached by bellflower diamond caps to a platinum bar chain necklace spaced by diamond collet and seed pearl trios. The necklace also features a diamond-set triple loop ribbon tied bow, which dangles the two pearls from its ribbon ends.
I needed to give you a closer look at that bow. Look at its lovely, contoured ribbon shape, the way the millegraining adds texture along the edges, the perfect smattering of diamonds to add sparkle. I also love the asymmetry of the chains, the way that the diamond and pearl elements are different on the right and left sides. For a delicate piece, there's a lot to add visual interest here.

Here's the full view. You can see that it's a longish piece; at about 20 inches, this necklace would dangle its silvery pearls just above a lady's decolletage. An ethereal piece that I think could be very sensual, depending on what kind of neckline it was paired with. It would be a dream as a wedding-day necklace.
This incredible piece is currently for sale at S.J. Philips. All images and info are thanks to S.J. Phillips.
Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:
Labels: Art Deco, Belle Epoque / Edwardian, bows, diamonds, necklaces, pearls, sautoirs