So I'm doing something with this post that I have never done before: a blog post about something that I have already posted on my Tumblr. Why? Because it deserves a full post.
This beauty is an Art Nouveau pendant necklace by the esteemed Tiffany & Co., circa 1900. That magical stone you're staring at is a oval cabochon black opal, perfectly framed by a colorful enamel and gold frame. The gold chain is sprinkled with white opal and peridot accents, to tie in the colors of the pendant.

The gold chain also appears to have decorative elements that look like gold swirls, although the listing doesn't mention them. Pretty spectacular, isn't it? Let's hope Tiffany & Co. takes a leaf from its own book and tries reviving some Art Nouveau designs next.

This magical mirage of a necklace sold in Philips' December 6th Jewels Auction. All images and info are thanks to Philips.
Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:
Labels: Art Nouveau, enamel, necklaces, opals, Tiffany and Co