This lovely is also from the 1910's (I never said I wasn't predictable). It features a pear-shaped, faceted aquamarine drop suspended from circular-cut, rose diamond and pearl surmount on a curb link chain. This one's a bit shorter, clocking in around
17 inches.
It's very simple, but I love it. The lush, curved aquamarine drop, the tiny pearl, the perfectly shaped diamond-set detail. It takes my breath away.
This one is totally different. It's contemporary and is all hard angles where the first two were soft curves. It's centered by a huge emerald cut aquamarine (79 carats!) surrounded by calibré-cut sapphires and old European-cut diamonds. The pendant is topped by a triangular diamond and sapphire surmount. Total diamond weight, 2.05 carats. Total sapphire weight, 3.30 carats.
I absolutly love the contrast of the sapphire in this piece, but I'm not totally sold on the surmount. It's so sharp looking. What do you think?
All images and info in this post are thanks to Sotheby's. Please see individual descriptions for source links.
Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me: