This ring is simpler overall, but still colorful and bold. It's slightly later, from 1925. A large, oval cut cabochon amethyst set within a tapered frame set with rose and cushion cut diamonds, mounted in platinum. I'm not sure how practical it would be to wear such a large cabochon in everyday life, but it certainly makes for a dramatic piece. I just love how the geometric crown of diamonds cradles the amethyst.
Last but not least,
this ring is less colorful but no less appealing. Dated only as "early 20th century," this piece is Art Deco but not much more is known about its history. It's set with one larger diamond within an onyx frame and further embellished by an outer diamond border and onyx details to the sides. I think it's just wonderful; all bold, graphic elegance.
Both of these rings are currently for sale at S.J. Philips. All images and info are thanks to S.J. Philips.
Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me: