Boucheron diamond and kunzite flower brooch.

A pretty posey, indeed.

diamonds, flowers, floral, pink, en tremblant



This contemporary brooch by Boucheron is designed as a circular-cut diamond sculpted flower, centering upon a cushion-cut kunzite. The kunzite is within a marquise-cut diamond surround, the pistil and circular-cut diamond stamen mounted en tremblant. The flower is supported by the baguette-cut diamond undulating stem, decorated with two marquise-cut diamond buds and mounted in platinum.

I just think it's lovely. I love the little diamond leaves, the angle of the stem, and the delicate points of the petals. I don't really wear brooches, but if I did, I would want one of them to look like this. Maybe pinned on a scarf, or on the shoulder of a dress? What would you do with it? 

This brooch was sold as part of Christie's October 21, 2009 Rare Jewels sale. All images and info are thanks to Christie's.

Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:

Labels: , , , ,