My little blog is just about 6 months old now - and what a 6 months it's been! I recently posted my 200th post and tweeted my 2,000th tweet as Diamonds in the Library. I'm also getting close to 400 followers on Tumblr and just passed 300 on Twitter and 8,500 on Pinterest.
I never imagined that I would get to meet so many amazing people: from faithful Pinterest and Facebook commenters to fellow jewelry lovers, jewelers, and amazing jewelry store owners and Etsy sellers from as far away as Australia. I've also discovered some wonderful books thanks to your recommendations, and gotten in touch with some fabulous book bloggers, authors, and publishers
This ring is my most popular post so far. It's been pinned on Pinterest more than 10,000 times!
As for what's up next? I'm also hoping to expand into more store profiles: I've been talking to some DC-area jewelry stores about appearing on my blog, and it's sounding like that dream will be a reality fairly soon. At the same time, I'm also hoping to create an annotated index of jewelry stores to go alongside my Index of Pretty Shiny Things and my Index of Book Reviews. Perhaps an Index of Independent Bookstores as well? I do know some great ones. What do you think?
More than anything, I just wanted to thank you: thanks for reading, for commenting, for sharing. I hope you enjoy the pretties and the books. And I'm always thrilled to hear from you - if you ever have a book you think I'd like, or a piece of jewelry you suspect I would covet, or a store you feel I should see, please don't hesitate to let me know! You can always reach me through comments here, or by Twitter or Facebook.
Happy Wednesday,
Becky
A note for jewelers, store owners, authors, and publishers: I do accept sugestions for features, be it books, collections you're offering for viewing, images of jewels, or stores you'd like me to visit. I don't promise to feature everything, but I'm open to suggestions!