3.26 carat antique diamond engagement ring.

When I saw this ring, I said "WHOA" out loud in an empty room.

engagement rings, diamond ring, diamonds, antique engagement ring, Art Deco, vintage, engraving, 3 carat, setting, European cut, solitaire


It's a solitaire, but it's so large and the setting is so detailed that it gives the impression of being much more ornate. The diamond, a 3.26 carat European cut stone, also gives the impression of being larger (perhaps 4 carats) due to the nature of the cut.

engagement rings, diamond ring, diamonds, antique engagement ring, Art Deco, vintage, engraving, 3 carat, setting, European cut, solitaire

This side angle is so coy - it's like the ring is flirting with me. Hello ;)

engagement rings, diamond ring, diamonds, antique engagement ring, Art Deco, vintage, engraving, 3 carat, setting, European cut, solitaire

Looking at all of that openwork in the setting, I bet it's really sparkly. The ring is late Edwardian or early Art Deco so it's no shocker that I'm a fan.

engagement rings, diamond ring, diamonds, antique engagement ring, Art Deco, vintage, engraving, 3 carat, setting, European cut, solitaire

I don't usually go for solitaires (I like some adornment on the shoulders) but this one is a-okay. Let's see everyone all together:

engagement rings, diamond ring, diamonds, antique engagement ring, Art Deco, vintage, engraving, 3 carat, setting, European cut, solitaire

Breathtaking.

This ring is currently for sale at Lang Antiques. All images and info are thanks to Lang.

Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:

Labels: , , , , ,