I pinned this piece on Pinterest forever ago and it's still one of my most popular pins - it pops up everywhere. I still think it's just as gorgeous as I did when I first saw it and I wanted to give it its own post.
This pendant is from the early Art Deco period; it was made in France in 1920. The long, briolette-cut aquamarine is set into a diamond cap which attaches to an openwork millegrain-set fan-shaped surmount set with round and baguette cut diamonds. This attaches to a diamond-set loop, which hangs on a three link platinum chain necklace.
I think the way that the shape of diamond fan curves into the aquamarine is utterly perfect. I would love to see this in sunshine, wouldn't you? Or candlelight.
This pendant is currently for sale at S.J. Philips. All info and images are thanks to S.J. Philips.
Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:
Labels: aquamarines, Art Deco, diamonds, necklaces