1920's filigree diamond ring.

This 18 k white gold ring has a smaller diamond than most I've posted but it's still a healthy .56 carats (European cut, high quality). The diamond isn't what makes this ring exceptional, though; it's the details.

engagament ring, 1920s, Art Deco, edwardian, white gold, diamond, filigree, gallery, setting

Just look at that filigree gallery. That diamond isn't in a setting, it's in a birdcage. It would look like it was floating on my hand (I mean, anyone's hand. What?).

engagament ring, 1920s, Art Deco, edwardian, white gold, diamond, filigree, gallery, setting


My favorite part is the way the filigree around the diamond seamlessly melts into the engraving embellishing the shoulders. It looks organic, almost like feathers.

engagament ring, 1920s, Art Deco, edwardian, white gold, diamond, filigree, gallery, setting


This lovely thing is from the 1920's. Did I mention that I love this ring? I love this ring.

engagament ring, 1920s, Art Deco, edwardian, white gold, diamond, filigree, gallery, setting


It blows my mind to think about the fact that this ring was made by humans. A person thought of the idea, made it happen, and now it exists and is making my heart skip a beat, almost 100 years later.

engagament ring, 1920s, Art Deco, edwardian, white gold, diamond, filigree, gallery, setting


Side view.

engagament ring, 1920s, Art Deco, edwardian, white gold, diamond, filigree, gallery, setting


And all together.

This ring was sold by Lang Antiques and is currently listed in their archive. So we can't buy it, but we can behold it and be glad that it exists. All images and info are thanks to Lang.

Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:

Labels: , , , ,