This bracelet is a sparkling masterpiece of Art deco jewelry genius.
If I hold up my arm and close one eye, it almost looks like I have the bracelet on.
This piece was made by Mauboussin in 1925. It has a flexible openwork strap of lattice design, centering a rose set with a round cabochon emerald. The petals of the flower are set with old European-cut diamonds (approx 3.65 carats), buff-top cabochon emeralds, and cabochon onyx segments.
The bracelet is set throughout with old European-cut, round and single-cut diamonds (approximately 10.55 carats) and sugar-loaf cabochon and buff-top cabochon emeralds and onyxes. The bracelet is about 7 inches long, and the clasp is embellished with black enamel.
Now scroll back up and look at it again. (Please note: you only have to do this a few times. I'm not trying to catch you in an infinite bracelet oogling loop.)
This item was listed in Sotheby's December 2011 auction. All images and info are thanks to Sotheby's.
Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:
Labels: Art Deco, bracelets, diamonds, emeralds, enamel, Mauboussin, onyx