Titanium and diamond pendant-brooch, Margherita Burgener.

This insane and gorgeous thing is a titanium and diamond pendant-brooch, by Margherita Burgener. If you're unfamiliar with her work, don't worry, I'll be posting more.

It's not really the kind of thing I would wear, but I love looking at and I'm glad it exists. It's like a fantastical otherworldly plant, frozen and made wearable.  I'm sure the right woman would find exactly the right thing to wear with this to do it justice (or the right man, I am all about equal-opportunity jewelery appreciation).


Margherita Burgener, titanium, flower brooch, floral brooch, brooch, diamonds



This piece is going to be part of Sotheby's Important Jewels Sale in New York on 20 September 2012 - click here for the listing. All information and photos of this piece are thanks to Sotheby's.

Sotheby's description: 

Titanium and Diamond Pendant-Brooch, Margherita Burgener

Estimate: 12,000 - 18,000 USD
Designed as an articulated flowering vine, set with numerous round diamonds weighing 5.08 carats, length 7½ inches, signed Margherita Burgener, Made in Italy, numbered 30071201; together with a silk cord for wear as a pendant, length 26 inches. With signed box.

Don't miss any of the fabulousness! Follow me:

Labels: , , , ,